In this recipe
Odense Marzipan is manufactured in Denmark, using the finest California almonds that have been blanched, mixed with sugar, and rolled through Italian millstones. You’ll find this sweet, rich, flavorful candy dough adds a touch of whimsy and a delicious flavor to any occasion.
20 Marzipan Snowballs
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder,
- 1- 7 oz box Odense Almond Paste or Marzipan*
- 1 cup melted white coating chocolate
- 1 cup shredded (aka flaked) coconut
- *Marzipan will be sweeter than Almond Paste, but either can be used.
|1.||Mix together the rum and cocoa powder to form a thick paste. If too liquid, add a bit more cocoa powder.|
|2.||Knead the chocolate-rum paste into the Marzipan.|
|3.||Form into about 20 bite-sized balls.|
|4.||Dip each ball in the coating chocolate, letting the excess drip off, and then toss in the shredded coconut. Transfer to parchment paper to dry.|
|5.||Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.|
CHOOSE ANOTHER RECIPE VIDEO