In this recipe
Odense Almond Paste is manufactured in Denmark, using the finest California almonds that have been blanched, mixed with sugar, and rolled through Italian millstones. Adding the delicate flavor of almonds can make an ordinary recipe extraordinary.
Yield: 36 cookies
Assembly time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 15 - 17 minutes
1 - 10 oz. pkg. Hershey Kisses™ OR Dove Chocolate Hearts™ 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, room temperature 1 cup sugar, divided 2 large egg whites, room temperature 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in center. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Unwrap candies.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine grated Almond Paste, butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar in mixing bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, or until soft and fluffy.
- Add egg whites and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Mix in flour mixture on low speed until just incorporated.
- With a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, scoop enough dough to form a 1-inch ball.
- Roll dough between palms to make balls. Roll balls in remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Place balls on prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between for spreading.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bottoms are light golden. Gently press a candy in center of each warm cookie. Remove cookie to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container between wax paper for 3-4 days.
*Nutrition Facts are estimates only. For questions or specific information, email email@example.com