In this recipe
Odense Almond Paste is manufactured in Denmark, using the finest California almonds that have been blanched, mixed with sugar, and rolled through Italian millstones. Adding the delicate flavor of almonds can make an ordinary recipe extraordinary.
Almond Pear Tart
20 minutes to assemble tart
45 minutes to bake
Total time: 65 minutes
1 sheet (1/2 of 17.03 oz box) puff pastry 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated 1/3 cup sugar 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, room temperature 2 large (not extra large) eggs, room temperature 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 30 oz can pears halves in heavy syrup, or favorite poached pear recipe (link above) Optional: Raspberries or powdered sugar
9-10 inch tart pan
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Lay in ungreased tart pan and gently push dough into sides. Roll across top with rolling pin to cut off excess. Place pan on baking sheet.
- Add grated Almond Paste, sugar and butter to a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed to incorporate. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Fold in flour until incorporated and pour batter into tart shell.
- Drain pears. Place pears cut side down on a cutting board. Make 4 length-wise diagonal slices, about 1/8" from top of pear through the bottom, so pear slices will fan out.
- Place pears close to edge of tart, and arrange decoratively on batter. Add a pear to the middle and bake for 45 minutes or until firm. Save any remaining pears for serving with cooked tart. Tent with a piece of aluminum foil if tart is browning too quickly.
- Tart is done when a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Rest tart on wire rack for 10 minutes then unmold. Serve tart warm or cold with raspberries or sifted powdered sugar.
Almond Pear Tart
*Nutrition Facts are estimates only. For questions or specific information, email firstname.lastname@example.org