In this recipe
Odense Almond Paste is manufactured in Denmark, using the finest California almonds that have been blanched, mixed with sugar, and rolled through Italian millstones. Adding the delicate flavor of almonds can make an ordinary recipe extraordinary.
The mix of almond paste and cocoa is a match made in heaven.
One 9 inch or 10 inch cake
20 minutes to assemble
25 minutes to bake
Total Time: 45 minutes
- For Cake:
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) soft butter
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder (dutch processed preferred)
- For Chocolate Ganache Glaze (Optional):
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
9 or 10 inch tart pan with removable
bottom or springform pan
To make cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour the tart pan.
- Add the Almond Paste to a mixing bowl with sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until combined. Beat on high until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition. Scrape bowl down and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour and cocoa and fold into the batter until just combined.
- Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted between the center and edge comes out clean. The middle will still be soft. It will firm as it cools.
- Cool on a wire rack.
To make glaze: Bring water to a simmer in the bottom of a double boiler. Put cream, butter, and chocolate pieces in the top of double boiler. Stir until melted together. DO NOT LET ANY WATER TOUCH MIXTURE.
- Pour warm glaze over cake and smooth to edges. For a show stopping presentation, pipe with white frosting and garnish with raspberries.
*Nutrition Facts are estimates only. For questions or specific information, email email@example.com