In this recipe
Odense Almond Paste is manufactured in Denmark, using the finest California almonds that have been blanched, mixed with sugar, and rolled through Italian millstones. Adding the delicate flavor of almonds can make an ordinary recipe extraordinary.
20 - 2 1/2 inch cookies
15 minutes to assemble
15 minutes to bake
Total Time: 30 minutes
1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated 2/3 cup granulated sugar Scant 1/4 cup egg whites*, slightly beaten for easier measuring
*Tip: Do not use more than the scant 1/4 cup of egg whites, or you will have almond pancakes, not macaroons.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in center. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add grated Almond Paste and sugar to mixing bowl. Beat until the texture of crumbs.
- With mixer on low, slowly add egg whites and beat until mixed. Beat on high for 3 minutes, until a creamy paste is formed, scraping down bowl 2-3 times.
- Drop teaspoon size dollops of batter onto paper, leaving 2 inches of space between cookies.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool cookies completely before removing from baking sheet. Store in an airtight container between layers of wax paper for 3-5 days.
*Nutrition Facts are estimates only. For questions or specific information, email firstname.lastname@example.org