In this recipe
Odense Almond Paste is manufactured in Denmark, using the finest California almonds that have been blanched, mixed with sugar, and rolled through Italian millstones. Adding the delicate flavor of almonds can make an ordinary recipe extraordinary.
30 minutes to assemble
10 minutes to chill
12-15 minutes to bake
1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated
1/2 cup sugar plus more for counters
1-17.03 oz box frozen puff pastry, thawed overnight in refrigerator
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove pastry sheets from box and let sit on counter for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add Almond Paste and sugar to food processor or mixing bowl. Process or mix until the texture of sand. Makes about 2 cups almond sugar.
- Dust counter with granulated sugar and unfold one pastry sheet. Roll out to 11" X 13" with long side, horizontal to counter. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup of almond sugar mix.
- Fold in short sides of pastry sheet to meet in middle. Tightly roll each fold to center, so both rolls of pastry sheet are touching. Trim ends, sprinkle with sugar and press down. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
- Cut pastry into 1/2 inch slice s with a sharp knife. Dip each piece in sugar and lay flat, sugar side up, on parchment paper (about 16-18 per roll). Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Place cookies in airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze. Thaw and re-crisp in 300°F oven for 5 minutes. Freeze remaining 1 cup almond sugar, up to 3 months for another recipe.
CHOOSE ANOTHER RECIPE VIDEO
*Nutrition Facts are estimates only. For questions or specific information, email email@example.com